Motor/Commercial Vehicle Technician - Washington - Job - Ford Dealer Washington
Closing date: 05 Oct 2018 | Reference: WM0318 | Salary: OTE £21,000-£24,000 + company benefits | Location: Ford
The Jennings Motor Group is a multi-franchise motor dealer group based in the North East of England. A family owned company having had its roots in the region for over 100 years, it operates out of 9 locations in the Tyne/Tees area. We are now looking for an experienced Motor/Commercial Vehicle Technician/MOT Tester to join the team at our Washington Service Department.
As a key member of the Service Department, you will ensure that fault diagnosis and service and repair of customer vehicles and commercial vehicles are carried out to the correct procedures and required standards of quality.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Carry out fault diagnosis, service, repair and MOT tests as instructed to the standards laid down by the Company.
- Ensure faults are accurately diagnosed and report to Workshop Foreman/Controller as required on vehicle condition, safety, reliability and performance.
- Indicate to Workshop Foreman/Controller possible future faults and repair requirements.
- Ensure that quality procedures relating to the function laid down by the Company are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all procedures relating to service books and service, repair and warranty documentation are strictly adhered to and are dealt with in line with Company policy.
- Maintain all records and paperwork relevant to the function, ensuring they are accurate and up to date at all times.
Although not essential, experience of servicing commercial vehicles would be an advantage as would experience of working in a franchised main dealer.
A full current driving licence is essential for this role, as is being qualified to NVQ level III or equivalent.
The role is full time and permanent working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a Saturday overtime rota. Basic OTE salary is £21,000 - £24,000, which includes a generous bonus scheme and overtime. Other benefits include a company pension, company discounts and free life assurance.
Please note: the closing date is Friday 5 October 2018; if you have not heard from us by 19 October then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion, and we would like to thank you for your interest in Jennings Motor Group.
Back to jobs page