Darkest town in the world is light work for new Ford Ranger Black Edition
Posted on 30 Jan 2018
Located in the Arctic Circle on the island of Svalbard, the small town of Longyearbyen is pitch black for a total of 110 years every year. With sub-zero temperatures of up to an average low of -26.6, the population of 2,144 face treacherous roads due to the lack of light.
Search For Your Next New Ford Van Today
When looking to put the new Ford Ranger Black Edition through its paces in a brutal environment, Ford could not think of anywhere better than the Norwegian island in the Arctic Ocean. As Europe’s best-selling pick-up, there is no better way to test it than leaning it to some locals. Could the Black Edition handle the dark surrounding? What do you think?
Local carpenter Martin lives with his 12 huskies in an isolated cabin outside of Longyearbyen. Loading the Ford Ranger Black Edition with fuel for his cabin he commented ““To get to the store, I have to drive 15 km but if there’s a blizzard outside a normal 10-minute drive could take an hour and a half”. He added “Most people would describe the way I live as a tough life, but for me it’s a perfect life”. With only another 100 days of darkness to go the Ranger Black Edition lightened the load for Martin and his huskies.
Relying on the Ford Ranger Black Edition to get the water needed for her isolated home, Airport worker Silje knows how hard the environment can be. She commented “Most people come to Svalbard for an adventure and stay for one or two years. Not everyone can handle it. It’s dangerous, but I love to go out and there’s no one else there. It’s just the wild – I feel alive.”
Ford Ranger Black Edition Specification
- Shadow Black mica body colour
- 17" Panther Black alloy wheels
- Black-finish front grille and fog lights bezels
- Black-finish front and rear bumpers
- Black-finish sports bar and roff rails
- Power-foldable heated door mirrors with puddle lights and side indicators, with black-finish mirror housings
- Black-finish door handles, tailgate handle and beltline mouldings
- Black full leather seat trims
- Heated front seats
- Premium black carpet floor mats
- Rear-view camera
- Front and rear parking distance sensors
- Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) air conditioning
- Radio/CD/DAB/Navigation system with 8" TFT touchscreen, Ford SYNC 3 with Voice Control, Bluetooth® and USB connectivity, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Applink and Emergency Assistance
Discover the latest Ford Ranger models today at Jennings Ford Transit Centre. For further information call 0333 414 9750 to speak to a Ford commercial specialist.
comments powered by