Jennings Motor Group supports Tyre Safety Month
Posted on 23 Sep 2016
As part of October’s nationwide tyre safety month, Jennings Motor Group is supporting the TyreSafe’s campaign to improve awareness into tyre condition. A recent survey of tread depth found a staggering 1 in 4 tyres are illegal and potentially dangerous.
Check you tyre tread today
The message of the TyreSafe and Jennings Motor Group campaign is simple: Don’t chance it, Check it. Drivers can simply check their own tyres to ensure that they are road legal with the use of a 20p piece. View the TyreSafe campaign video for further details.
Alternatively, visit any Jennings Motor Group Service Centre where a member of the team will happily check your tyre tread for free, as part of the TyreSafe campaign, to ensure that you are road legal. For further details call 0333 414 9750 to speak to a member of the team.
TyreSafe facts and figures
- There are a potential 10,000,000 dangerous and illegal tyres on the UK roads
- Defective tyre tread has a major influence on your vehicle’s breaking, cornering and accelerating.
- Driving with illegal tyres can lead to three points on your licence and a fine of up to £2500.
- Have large tread on your tyres greatly improves the safety of you, your passengers and other road users.
- Annually 2,200,000 MOT test are failed due to illegal tyres being identified.
Our simple infographic below shows the minimum legal tyres treads and when tyres should be replaced.
Jennings Motor Group replacement tyres
With a large number of tyres in group stock at any time and access to other sizes and brands rapidly thanks to our extensive main dealer network, Jennings Motor Group supplies tyres for any make or model or car. Tyres start at just £34.95, visit our Online Tyre Store for details or speak to a tyre specialist today on 0333 414 9750.
comments powered by